The animals in Donkey Kong Island have raided Donkey Kong’s Banana Hoard and stolen his stash of bananas – and he understandably wants them back.
• Retro Studios faithfully restores everything that made the original series great, from
barrel cannons to mine carts, and then builds on those elements with stunning
graphics and new layers of depth to the world and game play. The game offers the
traditional side-scrolling experience everyone loved, but with levels created in fully
rendered 3-D environments.
• Diddy Kong™ joins the quest. With his trusty backpack, he can produce a jet pack or
Peanut Pop Guns to give Donkey Kong more abilities.
• For the first time ever, the franchise features the ability for two people to play together
at the same time – one as Donkey Kong, one as Diddy Kong. Players can navigate
the levels separately or as one unit. Diddy Kong can ride on Donkey Kong’s back and
hop off whenever he pleases, allowing novice players to ride on Donkey Kong’s back
through more challenging areas of the game.*
• Hidden items, puzzle pieces and other surprises are found all through the jungle.
Spell out K-O-N-G by the end of each level to earn an extra bonus.
• Motion controls give players a real feeling of control. Players move Donkey Kong
using the Control Stick on the Nunchuk™ controller and can shake the Wii Remote™
controller to make Donkey Kong slap the ground.
• Vibrant colors, beautiful graphics and fun characters draw players in. Even people
who have never played a Donkey Kong game before can pick up a controller and
start collecting loads of bananas.
• Every level offers new fun and new challenges. Sometimes Donkey Kong is running
through the jungle, sometimes his action takes place on a tropical beach and other
times he must become a master of timing as he jumps chasms in a mine cart.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Donkey-Kong-Country-Returns-E3-Trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Share this post: