Nintendo kicked off the first official day of E3 with their press conference today. Here are the highlights of today’s briefing. (Editors Note: All the E3 Posts will be updated with video and pics as they become available.)
- The legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – Uses Wii Motion Plus to control sword and shield with the sword game from Wii Resort as a basis for the controls. Simplified controls built with the Wii in mind (Twilight Princess was ported to Wii controls from Gamecube). Aiming does not require pointing at the screen. That makes targeting easier and more realistic. Set for 2011 release.
- Mario Sports Mix – Basketball, Hockey, Volleyball, Dodgeball featuring all the Mario characters. Coming next year
- Wii sales report – most consoles sold in a month ever (Dec. 2009), most games sold since launch of any system in that length of time, more hours spent playing wii than any console
- Wii Party – Boardgame island (Like Mario Party), 13 modes, 70+ minigames,
- Just Dance 2 – 40+ tracks, fall 2010, Wii exclusive, “Just Sweat” exercise mode, up to 8 players
- Golden Sun: Dark Dawn – Incorporates stylus controls, DS exclusive, coming this holiday season,
- Golden Eye – Wii exclusive. 8 classic bond villains, staring Daniel Craig. Available for the 2010 Holiday Shopping Season.
- Epic Mickey – Wii exclusive, features old characters, settings not seen anymore called Wasteland, switches between animated cutscenes and models, uses paint and thinner to create/erase objects (Okami?), how you treat the world and characters determine your story and ending, Contains side-scrolling travel zone, action zones and venture (quest) zones
- Kirby’s epic yarn – The kirby world as if it were made of yarn. The entire game has a feel of playing on a tapestry. Interact with the environment, throw enemies, etc. Kirby uses a yarn rope instead of inhaling his enemies. Coming this fall.
- Dragon Quest IX – sold 4.2million copies in Japan, 300+ monsters, 900+ items, link with up to 3 friends, tag mode that looks for other players to add to your game, Release July 11th.
- Metroid: Other M – Combines 2d and 3d gameplay. Acrobatic fighting as well as traditional shooting. Showed more in-game footage. August 31 Release.
- Donkey Kong Country Returns – Adds some pseudo 3d environments, various gameplay footage. Due this holiday season
- Nintendo 3DS – 3D without glasses, has a thumb stick (slide panel) on the top left, 3.5″ widescreen on top, 1 camera inside and 2 camera lenses on outside of case, that allow you to take and view photos in 3d. 3d depth slider, graphics improvement (better, faster hardware), motion and gyroscopic sensors built in, 100% compatibility with DSi. Auto communicates with other 3ds systems even in sleep mode. It can do this even while playing other software, and is internet enabled. Can display 3d hollywood movies. No announced partnerships but will be showing Disney’s “Tangled”, and Dreamworks “How to Train Your Dragon” at the Nintendo booth.
- Kid Icarus Uprising – based on Kid Icarus, land and air battles, 3D game trailer on show floor
- Nintendogs + Cats in 3d, bleh….
- Lots of third party games for 3DS already listed – Metal Gear Solid, Batman, Saints Row, Kingdom Hearts, plus other publishers including Activision, Level 5, EA Sports and more.
- Funny 3DS trailer (hope we can find it to post)
The full list of 3DS games the Satoru Iwata did not have time to go over during the show.
DJ Hero 3D
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS
SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV 3D Edition (name not final)
The Sims 3
DECA SPORTS franchise
HIDEO KOJIMA’S METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D
“The Naked Sample”
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER franchise /
WINNING ELEVEN franchise
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (name not final)
BloodRayne: The Shroud
A Boy and His Blob
Face Racers: Photo Finish
Lion’s Pride: Adventures on the Serengeti
WonderWorld Amusement Park
BOKUJYOUMONOGATARI 3D (name not final)
NAMCO BANDAI Games
Dragon Ball franchise (name not final)
Gundam franchise (name not final)
PAC-MAN & GALAGA (name not final)
RIDGE RACER (name not final)
Super Robot franchise (name not final)
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Nintendogs + cats
Star Fox 64 3D
Sonic (name not final)
Super Monkey Ball (name not final)
CODENAME: Chocobo Racing 3D
DRAGON QUEST franchise
FINAL FANTASY franchise
KINGDOM HEARTS franchise
Carnival Games franchise
TECMO KOEI GAMES
DEAD OR ALIVE 3D (name not final)
DYNASTY WARRIORS (name not final)
NINJA GAIDEN (name not final)
SAMURAI WARRIORS 3D (name not final)
LOVELY LISA 3D
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ACTION
de Blob 2
Kung Fu Panda Kaboom of Doom
Marvel Super Hero Squad Infinity Gauntlet
The Penguins of Madagascar
Puss N Boots
Saints Row: Drive-By
Assassin’s Creed Lost Legacy
Battle of Giants: Dinosaur Strike
Hollywood 61 (name not final)
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Share this post: