Tor Books is the publisher of the original Halo Book Trilogy. In preparation for the release of Halo: Reach, they have decided to reprint the series. The problem with this is the books will come “with updates and all new original content.”
I have an Idea why they have to so this. And my idea goes like this.
- The Reach Teaser video shows that the Spartan being created is part of the Spartan III project.
- The load outs in the Reach Multiplayer Beta includes active camouflage
- According to the books the Spartan III project took place on planet Onyx and only they were given the active camo as it took the military many years to learn how to recreate the technology.
- Halo: Reach will have Spartan III’s as part of the game.
- Therefore they can accept the plot holes, rewrite the game storyline and armor, or they can rewrite the books to bring them inline with the current game storyline.
Obviously they chose option 3. While I’m not happy with such a scenario, at least they seem to understand the plot holes and are trying to “fix” things, unlike George Lucas.
Halo: The Fall of Reach is the first book to be published in the Halo series. It follows the creation of the Spartan II program up through the destruction of the planet Reach. The book ends seconds before the start of the first video game, Halo: Combat Evolved.
Halo: The Flood follows the events happening during HALO:CE that don’t revolve around the Master Chief.
Halo: First Strike is a bridging story between HALO:CE and HALO 2.
Share this post: