Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Frontier Developments Ltd.
Format: DVD compatible with Kinect for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system
ESRB Rating: Pending
Availability: November 2010
“Kinectimals” invites children, their parents and animal lovers of all ages to build lasting friendships with some of the world’s most exotic creatures. Just like real pets, your “Kinectimals” will come running when they hear your voice, respond to commands such as “jump,” “roll over” and “play dead,” and purr with joy when you scratch them behind their ears. (If only it were so easy to train a real animal.)
- Your journey begins when you adopt and name one of 20 playful friends, including a lion, cheetah and Bengal tiger.
- Teach your animal its name, to fetch, and other tricks as you discover the island around you.
- Play activities such as jump rope, and even master agility courses with hops, stops and balancing acts.
- Invite a friend with his or her pet for some fun contests.
- Discover treasures and toys, and find and unlock new environments.
- Customize your pet and decorate your home, plus use the in-game store to shop for items to nurture and care for your new best friend.
- Collectible, limited-edition plush toys will be available online and at popular retail stores. Choose your new friend, scan the code with the Kinect sensor, then watch it come to life on the screen right before your eyes. With your very own plush pal you can keep your new friend with you even when you’re away from your Xbox 360.
Share this post: