Story/Career Mode Improvements:
- Improved character models
- Your avatars can be seen entering the van when traveling to a new venue.
- Avatars are visible at the song selection screen.
- Everything you do earns achievements. (obligatory Achievement Unlocked Game Link)
- Players can jump in or out of songs without interrupting a song already in progress.
- Players can change instruments without interrupting a song already in progress.
- Players can change difficulty settings without interrupting a song already in progress.
- A party-friendly mode called “road challenges” is described as “taking Rock Band 1 and 2’s band world tour (mode) and merging it with Mario Party”
- Song-filtering system. Most libraries have gotten too big to simply scroll through anymore. More filtering options will be available. Such as “only songs under three minutes” or ‘Eighties metal songs from my (downloadable) collection”
- Three part Harmonies as seen in The Beatles and Green Day Rock Band.
- The addition of the Keyboard (full two-octave range) bringing the max players to 7.
- “Rock Band Pro” as it will be called, lets players develop real-world music-playing fundamentals for keyboards, guitars and drums.
- More realistic music notations replace the standard color-coded notes during game play. (example: On guitar, numbers flow down the screen along six guitar strings, telling you where to place your hands on the neck and when to strum.)
- 2 Guitar controllers.
- One is a fully functional Squier Stratcastor by Fender. You actually have to work the strings and strum.
- The other guitar is a Fender Mustang Pro controller by Mad Catz with a field of buttons in each fret. Pressing the buttons across the frets will be represented on screen.
- The guitars will be capable of plucking single notes, power chords, bar chords, tapping, and slides.
- The Drums will have three cymbals in addition to the four drum pads. You will be forced to play the correct cymbal, you will not get the cymbal or drum pad hit like you currently have for the RB2 Cymbal addon.
- The Keyboard features 2 full octaves. All key presses are “accurate musical information” i.e. if you were to leave the game and walk to a real piano you would be able to play the correct notes.
Unfortunately Harmonix does not seem to have improved the bass the way the have with the guitars.
Some of the song list has also been released.
Combat Baby — Metric
Dead End Friends — Them Crooked Vultures
Get Free — The Vines
Lasso — Phoenix
Me Enamora — Juanes
Oh My God — Ida Maria
Portions of Foxes — Rilo Kiley
The Hardest Button to Button — The White Stripes
Been Caught Stealing — Jane’s Addiction
In the Meantime — Spacehog
Plush — Stone Temple Pilots
Walkin’ on the Sun — Smash Mouth
Crazy Train — Ozzy Osbourne
Here I Go Again — Whitesnake
I Love Rock and Roll — Joan Jett
Just Like Heaven — The Cure
Rainbow in the Dark — Dio
The Power of Love — Huey Lewis and the News
Sister Christian — Night Ranger
Bohemian Rhapsody — Queen
Break On Through — The Doors
Crosstown Traffic — Jimi Hendrix
Wow!…This is gonna be an awesome game. I may just start using the guitar if I can get one of the Squier Stratcastor’s. I am definitely gonna have to get a new kit so I can use the new drum setup. And the keyboard……..AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! So many choices. Can’t wait for release.
Share this post: