The pre-order bonuses have been announced for Fallout 3: New Vegas. There are four different sets, one for Steam, Walmart, GameStop, Amazon, and Best Buy. This is ridiculous. PC users will have all of them on day 1 thanks to pirates and the console users like myself will be punished. Why not give all of them for a pre-order and charge for them otherwise? The pre-order bonus was to ensure sales for the developer not the retailer. Now it’s about loyalty to a specific retailer. This kind of bullshit pisses me off. And on top of this all the games have to played through Steam. And I present your bonuses. Choose Wisely.
The Caravan Pack, available when you pre-order through Steam and Walmart, contains:
· Lightweight Leather Armor – This hand-modified suit of leather armor reduces its overall weight without impacting its ability to protect.
· Sturdy Caravan Shotgun – Despite its rough appearance, this Caravan Shotgun will reliably fire 20 gauge shells until the Brahmin come home.
· 4 Repair Kits – Useful for repairing any outfit or weapon, Repair Kits are a valuable tool for any caravaner.
· Binoculars – The Mojave Wasteland is a dangerous place, but with these trusty Binoculars you’ll be able to spot trouble coming.
The Classic Pack, available when you pre-order through GameStop, contains:
· Armored Vault 13 Suit – Extensively patched up and dotted with piecemeal armor, this outfit is an homage to the classic ending of the original Fallout.
· Vault 13 Canteen – This handy device is useful for staving off dehydration and providing a small amount of healing in the Mojave Wasteland.
· Weathered 10mm Pistol – A well-worn 10mm pistol that packs an extra punch despite its modest size.
· 5 Stimpaks – Food and water are good for long-term healing, but when the fighting is fierce, Stimpaks help keep Wastelanders upright.
The Mercenary Pack, available when you pre-order through Best Buy, contains:
· Lightweight Metal Armor – Modified for long-range travel, this Metal Armor sacrifices some protection for mobility and overall weight.
· Mercenary’s Grenade Rifle – Though similar to other 40mm Grenade Rifles in the Mojave Wasteland, this model has a faster reload cycle.
· 3 Super Stimpaks – When you absolutely, positively, need to keep your blood inside your body, Super Stimpaks fix you up in no time.
· 3 Doctors Bags – Mercenaries and broken limbs go together like Iguana-on-a-Stick and Nuka Cola. Thankfully, these Doctors Bags take a bit of sting out of the inevitable crushed skull
The Tribal Pack, available when you pre-order through Amazon, contains:
· Tribal Raiding Armor – Pieced together from scraps of armor, this outfit provides protection without impacting mobility.
· Broad Machete – This heavy-bladed melee weapon does high damage against limbs and can quickly deal out a flurry of attacks.
· 5 Bleak Venom doses – Useful on any Melee Weapon, Bleak Venom makes short of work of most living targets.
· 10 Throwing Spears – If you would like to silently pin an enemy’s head to a wall, Throwing Spears are the way to do it.
Share this post: