Harmonix has announced quite a big update for Rock Band 3. This update for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Rock Band 3 add Rock Band Network 2.0 support as well as many bug fixes and a few gameplay changes. The most important one to me is they have supposedly fixed the problem with the Keyboard being able to use a pedal to initiate overdrive. The changes have been submitted to Live and PSN but it may take a few hours for Microsoft and Sony to make the changes live but Harmonix expects a less than 24hr turn around. The full list of changes are below.
* The audio distortion (also referred to as a buzz, hiss, or squawk) that some PS3 Keyboard players experienced has been addressed.
* For users experiencing trouble deploying Vocal Overdrive in certain audio setups, OD can now be deployed using the Back button on the controller. NOTE: this only works while in a valid Overdrive deploy section.
* Overdrive can now be deployed using a Pedal with both the Mustang Pro Guitar and the Keyboard peripherals.
* Scoring is disabled after a song has been paused multiple times (this prevent players from artificially inflating scores using the pause function).
* The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.
* Based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the Stage kit has been added to Rock Band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (RB3, Pro-DLC), but basic functions should be reenabled.
* PS3 Voice Chat not properly working with headsets has been remedied.
* Audio no longer distorts for remote players when whammying sustains in an online session.
* To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades.
MUSIC LIBRARY AND STORE CHANGES
* Pro Guitar songs now sort themselves into the correct difficulty tiers.
* Pro upgrade availability will now be more accurately reflected in the Music Store.
* The following songs are now correctly appearing in the Music Library.
o Anvil – 666
o Anvil – Metal on Metal
o Anvil – This is Thirteen
o Dinosaur Jr – Pick Me Up
o Dinosaur Jr – The Wagon
o Guess Who, The – Hand Me Down World
o Guess Who, The – No Time
o Tenacious D – Rock Your Socks
o Avenged Sevenfold – Afterlife
PRACTICE MODE CHANGES
* An issue that prevented holding sustain notes on keys in the trainers has been addressed
* Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.
* Fixed a Character Creator crash related to a particular eyebrow asset or the generation of a random character.
* Fixed assorted minor crashes, as well as minor scoring and text bugs.
Share this post: