(Editors Note: This actually launched yesterday in NA and will launch on the 8th in Europe.)
Wii Party brings more than 80 different mini-games into your home. If you’ve ever played a Mario Party game then you know what your in for. Essentially it’s a mix of mini-games that can be played on their own or as part of a “board game” scenario. Players roll dice for movement, move along the board, then play either competitively or co-op through the mini-game challenges. With Wii Party you get to use your Mii as your character piece. Some of the games include:
- Hide ‘n’ Hunt (2-4 players) – one player hides the Wii Remote(s) somewhere in the room, whilst the other players wait outside. All the players are then invited back into the room to start the search. Their only clues are the sounds made by the Wii Remote(s).
- Animal Tracker (2-4 players) – players listen for the animal sounds coming out of the Wii Remote controllers and decide which one is the correct animal. Whoever picks up the -correct Wii Remote first is the winner.
- Time Bomb (2-4 players) – a game where the players pretend the Wii Remote is a bomb and must pass it around without shaking it.
- Word Bomb (2-4 players) – similar to Time Bomb, however, instead each player has up to 10 seconds to say a word from a given category. If the player doesn’t say a relevant word and press the A Button in time, then the bomb explodes and it will be game over.
- Buddy Quiz (3-4 players) – one player chooses (or is randomly chosen) to be the ‘Buddy’ and then has to answer a set of questions. The rest of the players then have to predict how the ‘Buddy’ would have answered.
- Board Game Island (1-4 players) – players take it in turns to roll the dice and advance along a single route towards the summit of the mountain. At the beginning of each turn, everyone plays a mini-game, and the order the players come in determines which bonus dice they receive. This is a board game like no other – expect the impossible.
- Globe Trot (1-4 players) – a board game that has you travelling the world to earn souvenir photos. The players must select one card at a time from the cards they have in their hands and advance the stated number of spaces towards the country they are aiming for. There is also a minigame before each turn, and based on the results, players win coins which they can use to buy movement cards and souvenir photos.
- Bingo (1-4 players) – each player receives a bingo card covered in Mii characters. If a “Mii Ball” comes out of the bingo machine, you have to check off that Mii if it appears on your card, while if a “Mini-game Ball” appears, you play a mini-game. The winner can check off any Mii of their choice. The winner is the first to make a line horizontally, vertically or diagonally.
- Swap Meet (1-4 players) – Have fun matching Mii characters wearing the same colours and playing minigames. The aim of the game is to make each row consist of Mii characters wearing the same colour.
- Spin Off (1-4 players) – each Mii takes a turn to spin the wheel by holding the A Button and flicking the Wii Remote. Depending on where the wheel stops, you could be in for some point-scoring medals.
- Balance Boat (1-2 players) – this game involves working together to place Mii characters on a ship in perfect balance so that the ship does not tip left or right and none of the Mii characters fall into the sea. You clear the game if you manage to place 20 Mii characters on the ship. The two players attempt a mini-game together, and if they manage to clear it, they will each have to place a Mii of the same size. However, if they fail to clear the mini-game, the Mii characters will be different sizes.
- Friend Connection (2 players) – two players complete a simple test of how in tune they are and play a mini-game together. The results are used to judge how close they are as friends. Do you think you’re completely in tune with your friend’s tastes and opinions? Play this dynamite little game to find out!
- Match-Up (1-2 players) – a take on the classic game of pairs. Match paired Mii characters in the park area, but be careful not to lose any hearts.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Wii-Party.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
In the small kingdom of Horne, Brandt awakes on the morning of his fourteenth birthday.
Today is the day he becomes an adult, and the custom of the realm says that he must go to the castle to present himself to the king.
Yet when he arrives at the castle he finds the kind distraught and the youngest princess missing, abducted by the Witch of the North. With no one else to turn to, the king makes a shocking request: will Brandt save the princess?
And thus Brandt’s adventure begins…
Eventually he is joined by three other brave young souls. Together they will experience a journey full of joyous meetings and sad partings.
Though at first they don’t always see eye-to-eye, these four Heroes of Light will build bonds of trust and affection so strong that, in the end, they may even save the world.
This is the tale of their legendary fantasy.
Designed with the concept of a traditional RPG brought up-to-date with the best of today’s technology, the game goes back to the basics and origins of the FINAL FANTASY series, with a classic story of four young heroes embarking on an unforgettable adventure; a tale of dragons, kings, princesses and witches. Designed by the same team who put together the DS remakes of Final Fantasy III and IV. The battle system is turn-based and features a job-change system called the “Crown System” where changing the crown the character wears turns them from Black Mage to Fighter, etc. You will also be able to explore dungeons with friends via the DS’s wireless play feature.
We have lots of screen shots here.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/FF_4-Heroes-of-Light.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow gamers play as Gabriel Belmont, voiced by Robert Carlyle, the hero of the game and part of the legendary Belmont clan from Castlevania lore. While in-human creatures of the night wreak havoc on the land, the soles of the dead are trapped on Earth and unable to find peace. Gabriel must track down the mysterious Lords of Shadow in order to unite the pieces of a relic called “The God Mask” that can purify the world and has the power to bring the dead back to life. Along Gabriel’s journey gamers will traverse over 50 diverse and beautifully realized 3D stages, come up against over 45 enemies, and defeat huge adversaries in real time with skill, power and timing. In total, the game boasts over 40 possible combo attacks that can be added to Gabriel’s arsenal. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow offers a wide range of puzzles with larger adversaries that require a specific means to exploit weaknesses, or object-related puzzles that will open doors or give access to previously unreachable areas.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/E32009_CVLoS_Trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
John Daly’s ProStroke Golf
(PS3, X360, PC)
ProStroke Golf made its mark by delivering realistic golf physics and shot taking, using the revolutionary ProStroke View and ProStroke Swing.
Featuring a number of fully licensed courses, five different playing modes including Challenge Mode where you can pitch yourself against a pro, and enhanced gameplay physics.
The PlayStation 3 version of John Daly’s ProStroke Golf is also the first golfing game to have been created from the ground up for the PlayStation Move motion controller. PlayStation 3 owners will have the ability to rotate the club head in real-time, punch and chip the ball according to the input movement, simulate weight transfer and much more.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/John_Daly_Part_1_FINAL_ESRB.flv width=545 height=307 /]
(Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Wii, PC)
NBA 2K11 is a basketball game, just in case you had no idea what the NBA is 😛 .
The game introduces some new features, several of which involve cover athlete Michael Jordan. The “Jordan Challenge” is a game mode that follows 10 of Jordan’s career accomplishments. You can take Jordan from rookie to superstar. You’ll even see his appearance change (i.e. he gets older) as he completes each season. You can even unlock features by collecting the entire line of Air Jordan shoes that MJ wore throughout his career.
An option to play with classic teams and not just the current roster is available for some teams. Other game modes tat are common to sports games are available (exhibition mode,association mode, etc..). Classic stadiums that correspond with the classic teams are also available. And what game doesn’t try to bring realistic actions into them these days. TNT worked on the broadcast aspect for more realistic TV coverage and sports casters. You can also participate in post-game press conferences and sign sponsership deals. If you like realistic sports games this will likely be up your alley.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/nba2k11_dev_premiere_trailer_us_web.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Share this post: