Welcome to the latest Release Week Primer. Here you will get a short description and when available, a trailer of the games released this week. The majority of the release dates and descriptions are based on press releases given by the publishers. All dates are for North America unless other wise stated. More publishers are releasing to NA and EU simultaneously but not always. We will note differences in release dates when possible.
PS3, PSP, Wii, X360
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/WWE-All-Stars-Launch-Trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty
Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty offers players an exciting and fresh trading challenge with eight new cities to explore and introduces a multiplayer co-op mode for up to four players via the Internet or LAN. New features, based on suggestions of the fan community, have been added along with numerous improvements to the city environments and overall atmosphere of the game. Several timed scenarios are available, which, depending on how quickly they are completed by the player, adjust the difficulty and wealth available of later missions.
- Jointly control and grow the same Hanseatic trade organization and fight sea battles as a team; teammates can join or leave a game at any time in multiplayer mode
- Six new scenarios that can be played in single or up to four-player multiplayer co-op mode
- Expand your trade to eight new cities spread across four regions – the addition of land-based caravans allows the players to expand their trade empire by sea and by land
- New assignments and missions, including a treasure map which must be assembled from parts gathered throughout the game, provide new challenges and depth of play
- Stylish new interior views of buildings, new citizen animations and behaviors, and animated businesses enhance the game atmosphere; interact with individual citizens to gauge the populace’s attitudes and concerns
- Enjoy many additional game enhancements suggested by the Patrician community
UFC Personal Trainer
PS3, Wii, X360
Set personal goals and achieve real results with an unparalleled mixed martial arts (MMA) fitness program designed by leading MMA training experts and certified by UFC and the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). UFC Personal Trainer provides players with an extensive assortment of effective and challenging MMA-inspired exercises, in both pre-set and customizable routines, to build strength, increase endurance, burn calories and get results.
Personalized instruction and tips from the MMA trainers guide players to stay motivated, get fit and track their goals with a helpful in-game journal. In addition, the game’s Ultimate Training Mode enables players to participate in high impact agility drills, with opportunities to earn rewards and have fun with friends in a competitive, multiplayer environment.
- Authentic UFC Fitness Experience – Certified by UFC and the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), UFC Personal Trainer is designed by leading MMA training experts
- Intense Mixed Martial Arts Exercises – Learn over 70 MMA-inspired exercises, including moves from disciplines such as wrestling, kickboxing and Muay Thai
- Customizable Workout Routines – Focus on specific fitness objectives by building personalized routines with up to 12 different exercises.
- Ultimate Training Mode – Hit the mitts against several popular UFC fighters with a variety of challenging rhythm and timing-based agility drills that utilize punching and kicking sequences.
- Progress Tracking and Motivational Support – An in-game journal enables players to view a comprehensive calendar of their fitness activities, including specific routines, time management and more.
HOARD™ is packed full of content and features for both solo and group-minded gamers. Aspiring dragons can compete for high scores on over 35 different maps and 4 modes, ranging from single player score-attack to co-op to intense head-to-head matches. The gameplay is an innovative and addictive mix of action and strategy, creating a deceptively deep arcade experience. Joystiq raves, “HOARD™’s gameplay shines.” IGN agrees, having awarded HOARD™ “Best Quick Fix” honors, and nominating it for “Best Competitive Multiplayer.” Despite the game’s quickplay nature, Big Sandwich assures gamers will find dozens of hours of gameplay in the package. Ars Technica concurs that “HOARD will keep you scorching villages for hours on end.”
All popular Steam features are employed, including over 100 achievements, leaderboards, multiplayer matching, friend invites, stats, and Steam cloud saving. Steam Play is also supported, meaning users who own both a PC and Mac only need buy the game once. Several impressive new features are also making their appearance in the Steam version, including graphical boosts like Night mode and a crisp winter tileset.
Country Dance features more than 25 songs from country music’s biggest names of past and present including Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley, Sugarland, Johnny Cash, Miley Cyrus, Brooks & Dunn, Zac Brown Band, Tim McGraw and more.
Country Dance is easily accessible to newcomers and familiar to fans of the popular rhythm dance genre of videogames. With integrated friendly cooperative modes, anyone can pick-up a Wii Remote™ and get moving along with their favorite dance partners. For more experienced players, the perfection mode assesses each dancer’s skill and gives a score only when their move is a perfect hit.
Magical Zhu Zhu Princess: Carriages & Castles
Help Princess Snowcup find her way to Prince Dashington’s castle! Dress up, feed and explore with Snowcup, Patches, NumNums, Pipsqueak, Jilly, Nugget, Peachy, Pinky and Dashington! Throughout your journey, you will encounter jumps, slides, tunnels and more!
Tales of Monkey Island
Tales of Monkey Island brings Guybrush Threepwood back to PC screens. While explosively stripping the evil pirate LeChuck of his demonic mojo, Guybrush inadvertently infects the entire Caribbean with the arch-fiend’s expelled voodoo, which threatens to transform buccaneers into unruly pirate monsters. Pursued by a notorious cut-throat pirate hunter and a creepy French physician who believes that Guybrush’s eerily-infected hand holds the secret of eternal life, Threepwood sails the seven seas in search of La Esponja Grande, a legendary sea sponge with unparalleled voodoo exfoliating abilities. But little does Guybrush know, his quest is part of a larger, more sinister plot, and good and evil are not always as they seem…
Who can Guybrush trust? Where can he turn? Everything you think you know will be challenged as Tales of Monkey Island builds to its unexpected finale!
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Tales_of_Monkey_Island_trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Wildlife Park 3
As the manager of a wildlife park, players can build their own zoo and let their imagination run wild. Lions, tigers, elephants and a variety of other wild animals await the visitors, and thrilling missions will take the virtual wildlife park manager on adventures all over the world. Wildlife Park 3 is a mix of realistic animal simulation, business management and building strategy.
- The thrilling campaign will take players around the world on 20 missions
- Realistic representations of the 25 different land- and water-based animal species
- Improved and expanded management component
- Play “Freeplay mode” on 20 selectable maps with additional mini-quests
- The terraforming tool allows players to landscape their own park
- A detailed tutorial that explains the game functions in a fun and humorous way
- Players can unlock additional equipment and items for the wildlife park after completing successful missions
- Animal shop for trading animals in the game
- Individual animals and families of animals can be created randomly using coat colors, coat markings, tails, manes, tusks and horns
- True-to-life animated plant varieties with flowering and fruiting phases
- Comprehensive lexicon with lots of interesting information on the various animal and plant species
- Plenty of scope to customise the park using a variety of decorative items; a range of fences, enclosures, plants and visitor facilities can be upgraded
- Visitor attractions with hot air balloons, airships, monorails and a new track system that enables players to build upward (third dimension)
Share this post: