Welcome to the latest Release Week Primer. Here you will get a short description and when available, a trailer of the games released this week. The majority of the release dates and descriptions are based on press releases given by the publishers. All dates are for North America and Europe. More publishers are releasing to NA and EU simultaneously but if they are not released on the same day in both regions it will be noted.
Feb 7, 2011
Mario Sports Mix
Four great sports make their move to the Mushroom Kingdom: volleyball, basketball, hockey and dodgeball. Having four complete sports in one complete package is a great value for Mario™ fans, sports fans and everyone in between.
* The cast of Mushroom Kingdom characters get together to play sports – Mario style. While the basic rules of the games apply, each one includes some magical Mario twists like coins and special items that ramp up the craziness and fun.
* While playing, gathering coins will build up bonus points. So when players score a point or basket, they also get the added bonus.
* Players can also collect items to use against their opponents. For example, when the opposing team passes the basketball to each other, players can throw a Green Shell at the player to distract them while they receive the pass.
* Each character has a signature move that’s almost impossible for opponents to stop. For example, when Mario’s unique special move is activated in basketball, Mario swirls into the air and dunks from anywhere on the court.
* In the field of play, a variety of tricks will keep players on their toes. On DK Dock, the volleyball court will continually slide to the left and right. On Bowser Jr. Blvd, the basketball court has bonus circles that frequently appear, offering both positive bonuses or negative points that result in extreme point swings.
* Play with friends and family at home or online! Up to four players can play cooperatively or competitively in four over-the-top sports.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Mario_Sports_Mix_Teaser-H264-HQ.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Feb 8, 2011
You Don’t Know Jack
DS, Wii, PC, PS3, X360
Pop culture and high culture famously collide in this fast-paced trivia party game show filled with zany mind-bending questions about what’s newsworthy, relevant & interesting in today’s world.
Play With Yourself or Up to 4 People – Locally & Online
Multiple Episodes to Play
73 on Wii, X360, PS3
37 on DS
Classic Question Modes
Shorties – Multiple Choice
DisOrDat – Subject Matter Matching
Jack Attack – Matching
4 Extra Downloadable Packs (X360/PS3) / 10 Episodes Each
Additional Fun Features
Screw Your Opponent
Wrong Answer of the Day BONUS
Bonus Easter Eggs
Grand Mer takes place in the year 2018 on planet Earth after massive flooding caused by global warming, climate change and heavy rains. Fishing is now the single most important activity as the human race fights starvation in an effort to survive. Players entering the world for the first time will begin by selecting one of six characters with varying degrees of skill and fishing talents. Upgradeable characters, boats and fishing gear personalize the experience as players work to enhance their skills. An open world of seas features dynamically changing shoals of fish, leading anglers on a hunt that requires expert tracking of weather, time and location. Experience a casual and fun fishing environment with friends in free-play mode, or battle against other anglers in a race for the ultimate catch and glory!
Game features include:
• Realistic fishing action with accessible fishing controls that anyone can learn, yet challenging to master.
• Dynamic Fish Shoal System: Location, weather, and time of day are key to locating the more than 120 different species of fish to catch.
• Fishing Guides: Select one of multiple NPCs to share the experience with and receive help locating the best fishing holes.
• Multiple Game Modes: Free Fishing (with up to 100 players), Battle Mode (individual, team and club matches), Tour Mode (complete missions and earn rewards), Championship Mode.
• Real-time Rankings: Track your biggest and best catches on global leader-boards and see what other anglers are reeling in.
• Custom Boats: Enjoy speeding on the open ocean in high performance fishing boats. Upgrade your ride’s look and improve turning, acceleration and speed.
• Custom Gear: Acquire or purchase new rods, reels and lures that specialize in catching different types of fish.
• Fishing Rod and iPhone App Controllers: Use the exclusive Grand Mer fishing rod controller equipped with a motion sensor and vibration feedback for an even more realistic fishing experience. Or control the game with the Grand Mer iPhone App, complete with vibration feedback.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/GRAND_MER_Pre-release_Video_Trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Shinobi Rumble
Shinobi Rumble lets you fight your foes in the air or on the ground. How long can you juggle your enemy with your attacks? Tackle a 21-chapter narrative or choose one of 16 fighters-including favorites like Naruto and Sasuke-and guide them through their own stories and an assortment of secret missions. With each victory, unlock new characters, stages, and Secret Techniques! Compete against your friends in Wireless Battle mode for up to four players (local wireless, multi-card only).
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/naruto_shinobirumble_video_launchtrailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Sniper: Ghost Warrior
When the democratic government of Isla Trueno is overthrown, an aggressive and hostile military command rises to power. A highly trained special ops unit is sent in to help the rebels accomplish objectives that only a sniper can handle. In addition to intense sniper missions, players will also take part in a variety of assault scenarios where their prowess with weapons will be a huge help to the undermanned rebels.
Originally release in June 2010 for PC and X360, the PlayStation 3 system version includes all the updates from its predecessors, as well as several new features.
The new release of Sniper: Ghost Warrior features the challenging, non-linear and strategic gameplay and mission variety that made it a success on other platforms, and adds a host of new features, including:
o Fully upgraded gameplay and graphics;
o Exclusive single player missions for PS3TM owners;
o Bonus multiplayer maps;
o Exclusive new multiplayer modes including Capture the Flag and Hard Core difficulty mode
o Exclusive new sniper rifles including the L96 and the M200 Intervention
o Bonus single-player challenge: Additional mission with Hard Core mode to challenge the very best players.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/sniper_trailer_esrb.flv width=545 height=307 /]
In DUNGEONS, our protagonist falls victim to a devious plot hatched by his vile, nasty and thoroughly vicious ex-girlfriend and finds himself at the bottom of the underworld hierarchy and the top of the dungeon pile. In his world, that is about as bad as it can get. Our lord must have his revenge, and make his way back down the dungeon levels to his rightful place – but first he must deal with his new bosses, the three despicable Dungeon Lords who stand in his way.
At his disposal are his dim-witted goblin minions who dig tunnels and build rooms to lay out his lair and trap ever stronger and braver heroes who dare to enter, not forgetting to plot his revenge against his ex-girlfriend and his new bosses who think it’s great fun to bombard him with useless tasks. It goes without saying that a malicious and sneaky creature such as our Dungeon Lord has more than a few tricks up his sleeve. Revenge will be sweet indeed.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/dungeonstrailer-final.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Ape Escape Fury! Fury!
Unlike other games in the Ape Escape series, Fury! Fury! is an on-rails shooting game rather than a platformer. Players view the game from a first-person perspective with the motion controller acting as a gadget on-screen which include a floating net, a slingshot and a folding fan.
Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll Zero
Players take control of three heroic characters as their quest takes them through vast fields, mysterious cities and dark chambers.
A king will die at the hands of his own offspring, reads the prophecy of Chancellor Zofor….
According to myth, the continent of Vyashion, as well as the physical world, was created by the god Notoon. Although universally worshipped across the continent, the people’s shared faith in Notoon failed to bring about a unified society. Vyashion’s many races – human, elf and vampire – have maintained an uneasy peace amongst each other and must now come together to fight the evil King Balor.
Players will use a unique team-based system to switch between each of the three characters – a warrior, a wizard and an assassin – on the fly and unleash combo attacks that use both magic and physical attacks to defeat the countless creatures and towering minions of King Balor.
* High Adventure: Brought together by fate, the three adventurers in your party must work together to explore Vyashion’s fields, dungeons and towns, collect items, survive encounters with mythological beasts and ultimately defeat the evil King Balor.
* Party Dynamic: An innovative team system lets you alternate between each of the three characters: a warrior, a wizard/swordsman and an assassin. Magic abilities and physical offensives can be used together to unleash combo attacks.
* Interactive Environments: A completely interactive world filled with strategic possibilities. Uncover new paths by destroying objects, set areas aflame or freeze them with
spell casting, and tear through a bevy of different locales as you journey the continents.
* Non-Linear Adventure: The game’s story, told in a non-linear format, offers a unique adventure depending on how you play.
• Endless Possibilities: Throughout the game, dozens of side quests and hidden opportunities add more adventures and depth to an already rich experience.
* Legendary Characters: Play as Areus, a cynical young wizard and swordsman; Dagda, a renowned warrior known for fighting bare-handed; Selene, a vampire assassin who excels at unconventional combat techniques.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/TRINITY-Souls-of-Zill-Oll.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Two Worlds II
PC……..x360 and PS3 release was 25-JAN-2011
The story of “Two Worlds II” is staged a couple of years after Part 1 – and it will lead you into hitherto unexplored parts of Eastern Antaloor where you’ll find many brand-new locations packed full of atmosphere – from dusty deserts to awe-inspiring temples.
Rescued from prison by former enemies, the player once again assumes control of the unnamed hero, only to find the world of Antaloor has been forever changed in their absence.
For the hardcore adventurer, Royal Edition collector’s sets are available with goodies such as:
• Bonus DVD (With music tracks, concept art, wallpapers, making-of documentary)
• World map of Antaloor
• Special Edition Dragon Queen statuette
• Exclusive unlockable in-game weapons
• Two Worlds II Limited Edition Collectable
• Deck of Two Worlds II Playing Cards
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/two_worlds_ii_trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Feb 9, 2011
X360, PS3 …..PSP, Wii versions on Feb 16.
TNT Racers features 18 action-packed racetracks for up to 4 players. Built for ‘pick up and play’ fun for all the family, new players and seasoned gamers can experience the thrill of the chase and high-octane game play together.
Key to the heart-stopping action in TNT Racers is the fun of the multiplayer experience. As well as playing solo, up to 4 players can compete locally together or do battle against friends, family and other players online in a non-stop social competition.
A unique feature in TNT Racers is ‘Shadow Racing’. When players are thrown off the track, they immediately rejoin the action as a shadow racer, taking revenge on remaining players and ensuring everyone is always in the thick of the action.
Dedicated players who work their way up the leader boards are rewarded with free game content including new cars, new tracks and achievements.
There is also plenty to keep the single player occupied with three different single player modes. As well as 45 Challenges across three different speed classes, there are time trials and custom races where racers decide the victory criteria and place the pickups on the track.
Hyperdimension Neptunia (Update: Pushed Back to 15 Feb)
This unique RPG features game consoles personified as goddesses, CPUs (Console Patron Units), who you can customize visually with equipment to enhance their stats. Players take the role of Neptune and follow her quest to save the captive Histoire. This leads her to face the corrupt monsters ravaging the world of Gamindustri unleashed by
the evil Arfoire. Neptunia also features iconic characters from classic games as special summon skills.
CPUs: Video game consoles & companies personified!
GRAPHIC EDIT: Edit pictures stored on your PS3 to use as Neptune’s rear emblem!
SUMMON: Summon video game characters or your own edited images!
COMBO EDIT: Customize, create, and name your own combo attacks!
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Neptunia_PV01_NISA.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Feb 11, 2011
Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction
PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii
BEN 10 ULTIMATE ALIEN: COSMIC DESTRUCTION introduces new alien heroes Armodrillo, WaterHazard, AmpFibian, Terraspin and NRG from the Ben 10: Ultimate Alien television series, allowing players to tunnel through enemies, unleash water blasts, emit radiation beams and more, while a unique experience system lets them upgrade alien abilities. The game features all-new enhancements such as Quick Switch, to switch alien forms faster than ever, and Quick Time Events for a cinematic experience that guides players through fierce boss battles and challenging puzzles. PS3TM and Xbox 360 owners will receive their own exclusive aliens, with the quick and fiery Rath for Xbox 360 and the immensely strong Fourarms for PS3.
Dr. Kawashima’s Body and Brain Exercises
Dr. Kawashima’s Body and Brain Exercises challenges players to exercise both mind and body in the most cerebral and energetic party game ever from the originators of the video game brain training craze. Players of all ages must think fast and act even faster as they respond to maths, logic, reflex, memory and physical questions using the full-motion capabilities of the Kinect sensor.
Dr. Kawashima’s Body and Brain Exercises includes over 20 different activities in single player and multiplayer modes. Up to four friends can compete in fun and engaging activities as they strive for the youngest brain age.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Dr.-Kawashimas-Body-and-Brain-Exercises-.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
Meet Edna and Harvey, two of the most unruly patients to visit Dr. Marcel’s asylum in a long time. Edna is a young girl looking to recover her lost memory and escape from the clutches of the hospital and its staff. Harvey is Edna’s stuffed-pet rabbit. Together they’ll travel through the hallways and into the locked rooms of the asylum, looking for answers and a way out. They’ll meet strange people who’ll help them in their escape and offer comic relief when things seem to get a little too sane. And remember, you don’t have to be crazy to play this game. (But it helps.)
Hello Kitty Seasons
Hello Kitty Seasons is the latest adventure for Hello Kitty and other Sanrio characters. Players take part in an adventure through which they help develop a whimsical, colorful village while participating in exciting quests while the seasons change right before their eyes. Hello Kitty fans of all ages can unlock items to customize their avatar, upgrade their town and collect in-game items including clothing and accessories as they progress through the game. Players will be guided on missions and minigames by beloved Sanrio® characters including Hello Kitty®, My Melody®, Keroppi®, Badtz-Maru®, Little Twin Stars®, Chococat® and others.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/hello_kitty_seasons_wii_trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Test Drive Unlimited 2
PC, PS3, X360
Test Drive Unlimited 2 transforms the driving genre, adding the persistence, progression and customization of the latest multiplayer games to the critically acclaimed racing of the Test Drive franchise. Test Drive Unlimited 2 integrates a new generation of online and multiplayer features, creating a dynamic world of evolving content and challenges.
CONNECT: Test Drive Unlimited 2 is “always live” with automatic content updates and seamless online/offline integration. New content, challenges and features will integrate dynamically into the gameplay as the world evolves over time.
CUSTOMIZE: Tailor your car with custom paint jobs, decals and trims. Customize every aspect of your avatar –– hair, clothes, physique and attitude. Buy your dream house (or showroom… or yacht), decorate, furnish and invite your friends.
RACE!: Test Drive Unlimited 2 puts the world’s most desirable vehicles in the player’s hands. These ultra-limited edition masterpieces are flawlessly replicated with Eden’s finely tuned driving technology. Unlock vehicles from elite manufacturers such as Gumpert, Koenigsegg, Aston Martin, Audi and more.
EXPERIENCE: An all-new single player story mode with compelling character progression. A dramatic narrative, unforgettable characters, and immersive cut scenes to draw you in to the vibrant world of Test Drive Unlimited 2. Single player mode can be experienced offline or as part of the multiplayer experience. Create your custom avatar and build your fortune.
EXPLORE: Hit the streets on a whole new island: IBIZA. New terrain types, architecture and beautiful vistas bring this legendary location to life. Take on thousands of unique missions as you explore over two-thousand miles of back roads and black top in this Mediterranean paradise. Additionally, you can head to the Ibiza airport and take a flight to Oahu and experience the Hawaiian island as you never have before: with more than 600km of new asphalt and off-road network added as well as completely new missions and challenges.
M.O.O.R.TM: Massively Open Online Racing is back! Level up your character based on your style of play, enjoy all co-op and competitive racing modes, and take on other racers that you encounter in our high-speed sandbox.
SOCIALIZE: A whole new out-of-car mode, where you can walk around shared spaces and interact with other players. All new driving clubs (guilds) now a huge part of the game.
EVOLVE: Dozens of new enhancements, features and modes: dynamic weather, day/night, motion blur, car damage, a completely new handling model and more. New core driving modes and game-play: Championship, racing school, duels, cups. Off-road is now featured, with a whole new class of vehicle and hundreds of miles of off road tracks now in the game.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Test-Drive-Unlimited-2.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Test Drive Unlimited Essentials
Challenge any racer anywhere online, or compete against other players in the same room via Wi-Fi multiplayer mode.
* Explore and race over 1000 miles of open roads on the Hawaiian island of Oahu.
* Master Points system – earn points for racing, driving, air time, drifting, or winning races, then use the points to unlock new races and progress through the game.
* Collect and drive 65+ of the most exclusive cars on the planet, including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Mercedes-Benz, Shelby, Jaguar, Pagani, Lotus, McLaren, and many more.
We Dare™ gives players the opportunity to choose from 40 hilarious, innovative and quirky mini-games.
Players can use the controllers in the most unusual ways… and enjoy the unique game play designed specifically for the use of the Wii-mote or the Move controller.
On the Wii up to four friends will be able to create and customise from head to toe their own cheeky avatars, personalising them to fit their tastes, to match their likeness or be the person they’ve always wanted to be: be it a Femme Fatale, a Jock or the Girl next door… Once ready, they will have the opportunity to set the mood of the party to one of the suggested themes: Enchanting, Persuasive, Naughty, Adventurous or Brainy.
We Dare will offer a variety of unique challenges, inviting players into an hilarious, light-hearted atmosphere with clever characters, coy mini-games and internationally popular music hits: such as Sex Bomb, (I’ve Had The) Time of My Life and many others!
The final peak of the game ends in a match-making session where players will find out who their perfect match for Love or Friendship is.
EverQuest II: Destiny of Velious
Following the events of Sentinel’s FateTM, the twin Swords of Destiny, Soulfire and the Qeynos Claymore, have been drained of their powers, setting the stage for the destruction of the EverQuest universe. The prophecy known as Age’s End begins to unfold in the legendary continent of Velious and it is here where the war for Norrath will arise. For there to be any chance to save Norrath, the Swords of Destiny must be restored. Norrath’s guardians who undertake this burden will be tested by labyrinthine dungeons, the harsh Velious tundra and powerful creatures including the God of War himself, Rallos Zek. To succeed would mean ultimate glory. To fail would mean annihilation
New Expansion Features and Additions:
• Flying Mounts – Soar high above Norrath and explore EQII like never before
• Hundreds of new weapons and items – Customize your character and in-game home in thousands of ways
• Over 300 new quests – Follow the EQII storyline through the fabled lands of Velious
• Ten instanced dungeons – Crawl your way through 10 dangerous dungeons
• Four new Heritage Quests – Live the legacy of the EverQuest franchise and gain memorable rewards
• One massive contested dungeon – Good or evil, be the first to conquer the all-new contested dungeon
• Two overland zones – Journey into incredible unknown land
• Six Raid Instances – Group up with 12-24 man raids for desirable loot
• Velious-themed Battlegrounds – Get your PvP on in the snow
• A new Signature Quest line – Immerse yourself in EQII lore and get the goods
• Over 30 new creatures – Battle dangerous and fantastical enemies
• Dozens of new armor sets – Gear up in powerful armor sets
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/eq2_destiny-of-vellus.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Fate of The World
A dramatic strategy game covering the next 200 years in which the player must find a way to protect Earth’s ever-depleting resources and climate whilst reconciling the needs of a growing world population who demand more food, power, and living space.
Child of Eden
……..EU Release. NA release on 29-Mar-2011
Child of Eden thrusts the player into the center of a battle to save Project Lumi, a mission to reproduce a human personality inside Eden, the archive of all human memories. As the project nears completion, the archive is invaded by an unknown virus. The player’s mission is to save Eden from the virus, restoring hope and peace.
Key features of Child of Eden:
* Multi-sensory effect: A visionary entertainment experience that synchronizes stunning graphics and innovative sound design to electrify the senses. By bringing physics in synergy with spectacular visuals and audio, Child of Eden is creating the next-generation sensory experience.
* The world of Eden: Coming straight from Tetsuya Mizuguchi’s creative mind: a unique, surprising, rich and beautiful world.
* Controls: Simple and natural. Designed for standard controllers and Kinect for Xbox 360. With no controller required, Kinect for Xbox 360 adds an extra dimension to the experience as the player truly merges into the game. The sensor will detect the player’s body movements, allowing for a completely new multi-sensory shooting game experience.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/CHILD_OF_EDEN_E3_TRAILER.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Share this post: