Welcome to the latest Release Week Primer. Here you will get a short description and when available, a trailer of the games released this week. The majority of the release dates and descriptions are based on press releases given by the publishers. All dates are for North America and Europe. More publishers are releasing to NA and EU simultaneously but if they are not released on the same day in both regions it will be noted.
LORD of ARCANA (EU release on Feb 8 )
This world is called Horodyn, so named for its first king. At the edge of a village surrounded by a huge forest lies the powerful stone Arcana, the source of all order in the world. It is said that only one with power can acquire Arcana. Slayers annihilate hordes of monsters so that they could lay their hands on Arcana. What power does it hold within? And to what destiny is one with Arcana bound?
• Incredible visuals that push PSP to the limit
• Monster designs by a collaboration of world-renowned artists
• Thrilling combat lets you instantly create stunning and devastating attacks to decimate your enemies
• Create and customise unique weapons and armour to tailor your own unique warrior
• 4-player Ad-hoc mode lets you team-up with friends for hours of adventure
• Huge diversity of missions for hours of gaming solo or with friends
• Ongoing DLC content for exciting new missions
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Lord-of-Arcana-Trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Two Worlds II (EU release on Feb 4)
PC, PS3, X360
The story of “Two Worlds II” is staged a couple of years after Part 1 – and it will lead you into hitherto unexplored parts of Eastern Antaloor where you’ll find many brand-new locations packed full of atmosphere – from dusty deserts to awe-inspiring temples.
Rescued from prison by former enemies, the player once again assumes control of the unnamed hero, only to find the world of Antaloor has been forever changed in their absence.
For the hardcore adventurer, Royal Edition collector’s sets are available with goodies such as:
• Bonus DVD (With music tracks, concept art, wallpapers, making-of documentary)
• World map of Antaloor
• Special Edition Dragon Queen statuette
• Exclusive unlockable in-game weapons
• Two Worlds II Limited Edition Collectable
• Deck of Two Worlds II Playing Cards
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/two_worlds_ii_trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Paws & Claws: Marine Rescue
Rescue, Rehabilitate, Release! Make a difference at your very own Paws & Claws Marine Rescue as you diagnose, treat and care for injured animals. Release the healthy animals back into the wild to swim and roam freely!
* Welcome and treat 7 marine animals including penguins, dolphins, seals and baby polar bears at your clinic.
* Search the sea for injured animals aboard your very own Marine Rescue boat.
* Use the tools the experts use including an x-ray machine, microscope, stethoscope and check oxygen levels.
* Care for injured animals and nurse them back to health, paying attention to each of their very special needs.
Sherlock Holmes & The Mystery of Osborne House
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Sherlock-Holmes-and-The-Mystery-of-Osborne-House-Trailer1.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Dead Space 2 (EU release on Jan 31)
PC, PS3, X360
In Dead Space 2, engineer Isaac Clarke makes his return in a blood-curdling new adventure on an all-new space installation known as “The Sprawl.” The lone survivor of a horrific alien infestation, Isaac finds himself confronting a catastrophic new nightmare. Battling dementia, Isaac will do whatever it takes to save himself and dominate the relentless enemy onslaughts. Equipped with a new arsenal of tools to dismember the necromorphs, Isaac faces the challenge head-on. Players will see Isaac fight bigger, scarier and more epic battles that will keep them on the edge of their seats.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Dead-space-2-Trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Yogi Bear: The Video Game
In Yogi Bear: The Video Game, help Yogi Bear (voiced by Dan Akroyd, who also stars as Yogi in the movie) save Jellystone Park from being shut down forever. Players will be able to explore, jump, crawl, belly slide, sneak, and zip-line through majestic Jellystone Park locales in search of wildlife, adventure, and sometimes the distraction of a pic-a-nic basket or two! However, be careful, Ranger Smith doesn’t tolerate disturbance of his campers and keeps a watchful eye over the park. Luckily there is Yogi Bear’s trusty sidekick Boo Boo, to help Yogi get through difficult challenges and antics.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Yogi_bear_trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Share this post: