Welcome to the latest Release Week Primer. Here you will get a short description and when available, a trailer of the games released this week. The majority of the release dates and descriptions are based on press releases given by the publishers. All dates are for North America and Europe. More publishers are releasing to NA and EU simultaneously but if they are not released on the same day in both regions it will be noted.
Note: All of the 27th’s releases were for the 3DS.
Sign up to the Wuhu Sky Club and earn your pilot licence! Learn to pilot a plane, jet around with a rocket belt or hit thermals with a hang glider. Each aircraft has its own unique set of controls to master and in mission mode, you’ll undertake various missions that will push all of your flying skills to the limit. As you complete more missions, your Mii character will progress from novice class to higher classes, unlocking new missions and features along the way.
If you fancy something a little more leisurely, scour Wuhu Island for hundreds of different collectibles in free flight mode to unlock different times of day, dioramas, new aircrafts, and much more! As you take in a view of the spectacular Wuhu Island sights, you can now share your experiences with friends and family members. In certain missions and in free flight mode you can pilot the hang glider to take snapshots in 3D and save them in an SD Card and view them on the photo album in Nintendo 3DS Camera.
nintendogs™ + cats Golden Retriever & New Friends
nintendogs™ + cats French Bulldog & New Friends
nintendogs™ + cats Toy Poodle & New Friends
Players will choose their new companion by picking their favourite breed of dog from nine different starter breeds. For the first time, the Nintendo 3DS inner camera will help your beloved puppy to recognise your face – always enjoy a warm welcome when he or she comes bounding up to greet you. The dogs can even follow head movements and appear to pop out of the screen to lick you! Once you have their attention, use the stylus and microphone to teach them a variety of tricks though voice commands “give paw” or “lie down.” Increasing the bond and relationship allows you to develop the interaction between you and your dog. Just like with a real dog, once you gain his trust, you can teach him more complex and surprising tricks!
To create a totally unique experience, with hundreds of decorations and accessories are available to dress up your puppy or kitten. You will also be able to edit your surroundings, including what furniture you have in your room, to tailor the entire experience.
Just as in real life, cats will often be less inclined to spend time with you, so you’ll need to work harder to form a lasting, but rewarding, relationship with your new kitten. As a tip, cats like climbing, so you might want to think about buying some tall furniture from the shop to give them somewhere to crawl up and snuggle in. Treat your kitten well and he will become your friend rewarding you by bringing you presents. If he’s exceptionally happy, he may even feel comfortable enough to befriend your puppy too!
Take your dog for a walk, and you can find special stores selling rare items and different locations as you walk. You can even use the Pedometer feature so when you physically walk around with the Nintendo 3DS you are walking your puppy too thanks to the system’s motion sensors!
By utilising the StreetPass functionality of Nintendo 3DS, whenever you take your Nintendo 3DS out with you can meet other owners! Swap items and 3D photos, meet puppies and Mii of other owners just by passing other systems of nintendogs™ + cats players on the street. These owners and puppies will appear in your diary and game after meeting through StreetPass. You will also be able to swap information with fellow nintendogs™ + cats players – all without even needing the Game Card inserted in the system.
With the AR Cards that come bundled with Nintendo 3DS, you will be able to view your puppy or kitten in your own environment by using Augmented Reality. Simply place one of the AR cards in front of your Nintendo 3DS and the outer cameras will read the AR Card; your partner will appear before your very eyes in your room or the palm of your hand – perhaps even wearing a special outfit!
Super Street Fighter™ IV 3D Edition
Packed with 35 playable characters, bonus stages and cinematic Ultra combos, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition expands the action by allowing you to fight your friends around the world using the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service.
New to the franchise is the Figurine Mode, which utilises the StreetPass feature of the Nintendo 3DS system, to add a collectible meta-game, and the 3D over-the-shoulder camera option that takes fighting to new depths. For those new to the series, a simple mode has been added allowing players to pull off challenging moves with a single touch of the screen.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ssfiv3d_fightingesrb.flv width=545 height=307 /]
SAMURAI WARRIORS: Chronicles
Are you ready to do battle in this epic adventure? You’ll need to utilise all the skills and strategic tactics in your arsenal to succeed!
· Courtesy of the features offered by your Nintendo 3DS, you can now enjoy stereoscopic
3D graphics across the whole screen. Furthermore, your device’s stereoscopic graphics
will allow you to enjoy in-game movies in 3D, enable you to get closer to your favorite
· officers in conversation scenes and experience dynamic battles.
· The Nintendo 3DS Touch Screen intuitively works to your advantage. Thanks to the Touch Screen on your device, gameplay experiences such as changing characters during battle, setting your strategy and using it mid-mission are simple and easy to accomplish.
· Thanks to the StreetPass mode on your Nintendo 3DS system, you will be able to form an army and battle against people you pass on the street using the weapons in your possession. You will also be able to trade your weapons and the results of your battle will projected into the game itself. And the more battles you conduct via StreetPass, the more in-game benefits you will receive.
· SAMURAI WARRIORS: Chronicles also utilises the SpotPass feature on your Nintendo 3DS system, which will offer additional downloadable scenarios via SpotPass mode.
· With your Nintendo 3DS Wi-Fi connection, you will be able to download an additional scenario into SAMURAI WARRIORS: Chronicles. You can also earn rewards via virtual battles, or even receive enhanced weapons, as well as view other players’ history.
· Another new feature of the game is the Player Change system, which allows you to use the Touch Screen in order to switch between characters (up to four in total), wherever they are located on the battlefield. The benefits of this feature is that it provides you with four, completely different perspectives of the gameplay activity, as well as enabling you to fully exploit tactics such as “ target setting” or “battle skill”. However, you will need to keep in mind your mission, status and Battle Skills, in order to end up victorious!
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/SAMURAI_WARRIORS_Chronicles_trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Immersive 3D racing action
* 42 licensed super cars to tune and race
* 17 exotic locations with varied terrains
* Challenge up to 6 players in local wireless mode
Asphalt™ 3D is racing as you’ve never experienced before! Full stereoscopic 3D graphics and authentically-modeled licensed supercars make this the most realistic, immersive racing experience yet. In Asphalt 3D, you’ll power over 40 high-performance vehicles and race through 17 exotic locations in both career and multiplayer modes.
Experience surging down the road as you swerve to avoid oncoming traffic in full 3D. Uncover new racing circuits and vehicles, customize your hot rod, and play against up to 6 friends using the Local Play feature of the Nintendo 3DS™ system.
Enable StreetPass by sending and receiving game data to see how you compare with your friends and just about everyone else who plays the game. Race against the viral ghost of top-ranked players to reach the top of the charts and earn in-game cash.
Tom Clancy’s™ Ghost Recon® Shadow Wars
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is a turn-based, tactical Action game with Role-playing (RPG) elements that combines the excitement of the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon game franchise with the power and versatility of the new Nintendo 3DS handheld gaming system.* Shadow Wars is also the first Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon game to feature turn-based gameplay, popular in handheld Nintendo games. Players have access to six character classes, each with unique abilities and weapons. The single player story mode contains 37 standard missions as well as 20 unlockable skirmish missions, while the multiplayer mode — playable on a single 3DS — features 10 missions.
Key Game Features
* A New Way to Experience the Critically-Acclaimed Ghost Recon Series
o Eye-popping 3D cutscenes and in-game effects, where enemies and objects appear to be jumping out at you
o Use the Touch Screen for quick and easy mini-map navigation
* Try to Thwart the Ultranationalists’ Evil Plans in a Deep and Credible Tom Clancy Scenario
o Explore various environments with an Eastern European flavor
o Story mode with 37 missions for more than 30 hours of gameplay
o Unlock 20 challenging “skirmish” missions with 3 levels of difficulty
* Train and Manage the Best Special Ops Unit
o Choose among six unique classes, each with their own special skills: Commando, Sniper, Recon, Engineer, Gunner and Medic
o Unlock new skills and equipment by progressing in the game
o Equip your ghosts with the most advanced combat gear-and even drones
* Challenge Your Friends – Eleven one-on-one duel maps on a single 3DS that let you determine who the real special ops squad leader is
Tom Clancy’s™ Splinter Cell® 3D
Tom Clancy Splinter Cell 3D is a handheld Stealth-Action game coming exclusively to the Nintendo 3DS.* One of the most highly anticipated handheld games of 2011 and timed to release with the new Nintendo 3DS handheld platform, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell 3D reveals a whole new dimension to the iconic series protagonist, Sam Fisher, as well as the multimillion-selling Splinter Cell series through the advanced stereoscopic 3D functionality of the 3DS. Features include: sharp 3DS graphics in all areas of the game, new button mapping utilizing the Slide and Touch pad, enhanced weapons and improved puzzle-solving abilities.
Key Game Features
* The Sam Fisher Saga Continues – Step back into the shoes of rogue agent Sam Fisher and go deep behind enemy lines and infiltrate a terrorist plot.
* Immersive 3D Action – Gameplay, cinematic, maps, HUD, menus, loading screens and more are projected in stereoscopic 3D.
* Optimized Controls – New button mapping with the Slide Pad and Touch Pad gives the player seamless control to equip weapons and gadgets for more effective mission executions.
* Enhanced Weapons – Protagonist Sam Fisher is equipped with enhanced weapons and better gadgets to infiltrate the enemy: new fusion goggles, OCP electronic disabling device, wall mine, more add-ons for the SC-20K rifle, smoke and gas grenades.
* Infiltration Evolved – Lock picking is enhanced by utilizing the new Slide Pad to mimic the realism of lock picking. Hacking has also evolved from numeric codes to solving interactive 3D puzzles.
Rayman ® 3D
Rayman, one of Ubisoft’s most iconic and beloved characters, is back to engage audiences in the thrilling 3D world of Rayman 3D. An adaptation of the classic Dreamcast game Rayman 2, Rayman 3D is a single player Action-Adventure game that blends classic Rayman gameplay with the groundbreaking features of the Nintendo 3DS.* Features include: adjustable 3D effects via the 3DS’ 3D slider, improved graphics and analog controls, an variety of possible character movements, unlockables and more.
Key Game Features
* Adaptation of the Greatest Rayman Title – Rayman 3D is the adaptation of Rayman 2 on Dreamcast, the favorite version amongst audiences and critics (93% on Game Rankings).
* Significant Improvements in Gameplay – This version has been enhanced with improved graphics, 3D, and the ability to use the analog stick. The 3D version makes the game more accessible and brings more advantages: improved learning curve, immersive cameras and graphical enhancements.
* A Great Diversity of Environments – Progress in 45 areas set across 13 regions of Rayman’s world. Uncover the whole universe in 3D during +/-15 hours of fun.
* Elaborate Action-based Character Movements – Run, climb, jump, swim, fly, loop-the-loop and even water-ski to escape from threats. Rayman did not lose any of his famous abilities such as flying as a helicopter, using his hair.
* Collect Rewards and Unlock Special Features – Collect 1000 Lums and reunite four magical masks, which will awaken Polokus.
* Rediscover the Richness of Rayman’s Cast – Get back to the good old quarrels between Rayman and his villainous enemies: Face the Admiral Razorbeard, the Henchman and all the other creatures that make Rayman’s progression much harder. Hopefully, Rayman can count on his friends’ support. The Globox, Ly, or Polokus are all ready to help.
Steel Diver is submarine Simulation – Combat game that utilizes the power and flexibility of the Nintendo 3DS* to put you behind the periscope of a submarine on the hunt. The game features multiple ways to play including standard mission gameplay; Periscope Strike, a mode in which you use the 3DS gyro sensor to alter your view in order to complete tasks; and Steel Commander, a one-on-one turn-based local wireless mode supporting two players. Additional features include lush underwater environments, a variety of touch-screen control uses and more.
Key Game Features
* Use touch-screen controls to guide submarines through lush, undersea 3D environments.
* Branching paths, split-second decisions and attacks from enemy ships make for a thrilling undersea adventure.
* Multiple ways to play:
o Missions – Players manipulate control panels on the touch screen to control the sub’s speed, depth and pitch, and to fire torpedoes as they make their way toward the end of each level. If the sub takes damage and starts taking on water, players can use the stylus on the touch screen to stop the leak. There is also a time attack mode that challenges the player to get through levels as quickly as possible.
o Periscope Strike – The gyro sensor for the Nintendo 3DS system allows players to control the periscope view by rotating their bodies. Players use the touch screen to fire a well-placed torpedo and take enemies out.
o Steel Commander – In this two-player strategy mode, a local wireless connection pits player against player. The game is a top-down, turn-based “chess-like” game that puts players in command of a fleet of ships and a sub. Once players locate a ship, they enter Periscope Mode and blast it out of the water.
* Immersive Undersea Graphics – The 3D in Steel Diver makes players feel like they are peering into an aquarium, with the action unfolding right before their eyes.
Madden NFL Football
Madden NFL Football will offer a comprehensive handheld experience with exciting modes, such as authentic 11-on-11 football, fast-paced 5-on-5 action and Season Mode. Additional features jump off the screen with 3D graphics, such as “Spotlight Moments” and “Call Your Shots”. Utilizing the remarkable power of the Nintendo 3DS Touch Screen, “Call Your Shots” allows users to draw their own plays, on-the-fly, directly on the screen.
With three types of play calling—GameFlow, Classic, and Arcade—Madden NFL Football provides an enjoyable experience for gamers of all skill levels. GameFlow automatically selects the best play for the situation based on real NFL team gameplans; streamlining play calling and shortening overall game length for a more accessible experience. Classic play call allows users to experience the full depth of selecting formations and individual plays, while Arcade play call simplifies options through a more concentrated playbook.
Madden NFL Football will bring each of the 32 NFL teams and stadiums to life like never before with a presentation optimized for viewing in 3D, including 3D specific cameras that provide new levels of depth, making Madden NFL Football the perfect on-the-go game for every football fan.
SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED
PC, PS3, X360
……NA release (EU Release on Feb 31)
SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED features an all-new rendering engine with a massive graphics overhaul that puts the player in the heart of the racing action. With an innovative helmet camera view simulating the physical experience of driving at 200mph, the thrilling experience of night racing and authentic degradation of tracks and cars, this is tomorrow’s sim for today’s adrenaline fueled racer. SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED also incorporates the next generation of Need for Speed Autolog – the groundbreaking network that connects friends for epic head-to-head races and compares player stats for the ultimate social racing competition.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/SHIFT-2-UNLEASHED-Trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters
PS3, Wii, X360
For the first time in franchisehistory, players will be able to step onto the hallowed grounds of Augusta National, experience the rich history and tradition of the Masters Tournament and begin their own journey to capture the most sought-after prize in professional golf – the Green Jacket.
New features and enhancements include:
Masters Moments – Play through memorable, historic moments as players try to measure up against some of the sport’s greatest legends.
Tiger at the Masters – Relive each of Tiger’s four wins at the Masters by attempting to equal or beat his scores in each round of the Tournament.
The Caddie Experience – Behind every great golfer is a trusted and reliable caddie. Players will have a caddie by their side on every swing, providing strategic advice, from shot selection to reading greens, helping them become a more successful golfer.
The Closest Thing to B eing There – For the first time ever, EA SPORTS™ utilized a new state-of-the art laser scanning technology at Augusta National Golf Club to laser scan every hole featured in the game. This will provide players with the most authentic digital representation of the Tournament and Par 3 courses. Every tree, every azalea and every undulation in every green was recreated down to the smallest detail.
Broadcast Presentation – Feel the emotion of every swing as called by the all-new commentary team of Jim Nantz and David Feherty, who headline a completely revamped TV broadcast presentation package.
Career Mode – The all-new career mode will closely mirror the journey of an amateur golfer’s rise through the ranks and chase the title of Masters champion.
New Players – Over 20 professional golfers to choose from, including Zach Johnson (2007 Masters Champion) and Bubba Watson (2010 Ryder Cup – Team USA).
Championship Courses – Take on the best of the best on sixteen of the world’s most celebrated courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, Royal Melbourne Golf Club (Australia), Atlanta Athletic Club, TPC San Antonio, St Andrews Links and Pebble Beach Golf Links.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Tiger-Woods-PGA-TOUR-12-The-Masters-Trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
WWE All Stars
PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, X360
WWE All Stars will deliver one of the greatest rosters ever assembled in a wrestling-centric videogame. Renowned WWE Legends will align with today’s most prominent WWE Superstars, inviting players to generate fantasy matches and ultimately determine the greatest competitors of all time. In addition, each WWE Legend and WWE Superstar will boast a distinctive and highly stylized appearance, adding to the overall atmosphere and intrepid attitude exuding from the on-screen action.
WWE All Stars will encompass a fluid, intuitive and original gameplay style, creating a highly competitive environment and an engaging spectacle. Packed with high-flying, hard hitting and over the top action, players will explore a variety of responsive quick grapples, strong grapples, standing and running attacks, as well as combination sequences. Every WWE Legend and WWE Superstar on the power-packed roster will be equipped with individual abilities, signature moves and renowned finishers to create the ultimate in-ring experience.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/wwe-all-stars-Trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Child of Eden
……NA release (EU Release was Feb 11)
Child of Eden thrusts the player into the center of a battle to save Project Lumi, a mission to reproduce a human personality inside Eden, the archive of all human memories. As the project nears completion, the archive is invaded by an unknown virus. The player’s mission is to save Eden from the virus, restoring hope and peace.
Key features of Child of Eden:
* Multi-sensory effect: A visionary entertainment experience that synchronizes stunning graphics and innovative sound design to electrify the senses. By bringing physics in synergy with spectacular visuals and audio, Child of Eden is creating the next-generation sensory experience.
* The world of Eden: Coming straight from Tetsuya Mizuguchi’s creative mind: a unique, surprising, rich and beautiful world.
* Controls: Simple and natural. Designed for standard controllers and Kinect for Xbox 360. With no controller required, Kinect for Xbox 360 adds an extra dimension to the experience as the player truly merges into the game. The sensor will detect the player’s body movements, allowing for a completely new multi-sensory shooting game experience.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/CHILD_OF_EDEN_E3_TRAILER.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Darkspore will feature dynamic, fast-paced action as players battle across alien worlds to save the galaxy from the mutated forces of Darkspore in a four-player co-operative and full single-player campaign, as well as intense multiplayer battles. In order to defeat the malicious Darkspore, players will need to collect an arsenal of living weapons – genetic heroes with different combat abilities – and upgrade them with tens of thousands of collectible body parts and armor.
Darkspore will feature three unique classes of five different genetic hero types, with a limitless number of upgrades and customizations available through the parts players collect on each planet level. As players progress, Darkspore builds in intensity, with new planets and enemy forces requiring players to strategically select the right squad and ability combinations to succeed in their missions.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Darkspore-Trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
WRC: FIA World Rally Championship
Featuring the 16 official WRC locations, players must master four challenging environments and road surfaces in both arcade and championship modes – all against the clock! Bonus points are awarded for crowd pleaser stunts and extra rallies and car upgrades come as unlockable features. The game also features cinematic camera angles; third person driving views; track hazards such as logs, boulders and crashed cars as well as the official WRC music and sound effects!
X360, Wii, PS3
Players can choose to play as themselves or as one of the sport’s real-world drivers as they battle it out for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship. Each pro driver has the AI characteristics of his or her real world counterpart, setting the stage for intense rivalries played out on the track. Damage is meticulously detailed and multi-car wrecks are the most extreme ever experienced in an officially licensed racing game. From the 22 real world tracks to full pit stop strategy action, NASCAR The Game 2011 captures the real atmosphere, sense of speed and spectacle that embodies NASCAR. Players can even feel the thrill of a win with the interactive celebration mode.
The game also includes in-depth multiplayer modes which allow up to 16 players to battle it out for the win online. In both online and offline races, players earn NASCAR experience points which help unlock rewards such as decal packs or special car designs, as well as career sponsorships and special races throughout career mode. Everything you do on the track counts!
Swarm lets the player take control of 50 utterly fearless Swarmites and drive them through an intense, entertaining and often suicidal battle for a greater good. Run, bash, huddle, boost, stack, jump, push and throw your way through gauntlets of death and destruction in an attempt to collect valuable DNA and ensure that at least one Swarmite survives. With a unique combination of mass character control and fast action, the resulting brutal aftermath will make players want to play Swarm over and over again.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/swarm_trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
PC, PS3, X360
……EU release (NA Release was March 22)
In Crysis 2, the aliens have returned with a full invasion force bent on nothing less than the total annihilation of mankind. In New York, terrifying alien invaders stalk the streets and a nightmare plague strikes down the city’s myriad inhabitants with brutal epidemic speed. The city’s systems are in chaos, its streets and skyline are smashed and in flaming ruin. Neither paramilitary law enforcement nor the might of the US military machine can stand against the invaders, and all who choose not to flee are dead men walking. Just to survive in this maelstrom of death will require technology beyond anything any modern soldier has ever seen. One man will inherit that means to survive. You alone must wield the combat technology of Nanosuit 2, and make the last stand to save humanity from destruction in the urban jungle that is New York City.
[flashvideo file=https://the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Crysis-2-Trailer.flv width=545 height=307 /]
Share this post: