The March 14 release of the Pokémon™ HeartGold Version and Pokémon SoulSilver Version games lets players take Pokémon away from their Nintendo DS™ or Nintendo DSi™ systems with the new Pokéwalker™ accessory. This new accessory will come included with each copy of these games.
In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions, players can wirelessly transfer any one of their Pokémon from one of the two games to the Pokéwalker and walk them through virtual routes as the player walks around in real life. By walking, players earn Watts, which are used within the Pokéwalker to encounter and catch wild Pokémon or search for hidden items, and can be transferred into Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions to unlock new routes. There are even special versions of certain Pokémon that can only be found within routes on the Pokéwalker, giving players added incentive to keep their Pokémon with them wherever they go. The Pokémon in the Pokéwalker will gain experience points as the player walks, and can even go up one level when they are transferred back into the game. Players also can wirelessly connect two Pokéwalkers to trade items.
Some Other Highlights of the Game:
- Players return to the beloved Johto region first introduced in Pokémon Gold Version and Silver
- More detailed graphics that spotlight the unique environments
- <sarcasm>Shocker here </sarcasm> Hundreds of Pokémon that players can encounter and catch.
- See and interact with your favorite Pokémon outside of battle, selecting one from their team to follow behind their Trainer as they travel through the Johto region.
- The games also include robust touch-screen functionality, allowing for smoother control and seamless navigation by the player.
Now this sounds like an awesome deal, and I like the fact that this might get our obese children to get some exercise. But I warned you the Tamagotchi were gonna evolve. I saw that they would take the form of Dogz and Horsez, but they got the Pokémon. If they can fall so can you. Don’t let them get you!!!! Destroy all Tamagotchi!!
Share this post: